Friday, June 03, 2005

Love Dream

I had a dream a few weeks ago that left a deep impression on me regarding a move of God in/on the Church. In short, "Love" invaded the Church. In the dream, I was dressed in white (as was everyone else) and lying down on the left, front pew of an old wooden church, talking with my sister. We were doing something that represented old, worldly comforts. I was a little bored. I looked around and realized that although the Church was gently illuminated (like candles in a dark room), the light came from each of the people in the building. There was a man behind me (second pew)that was, in reality, my Christianity Professor in College. He was illumined as well and covered lavishly in soft garments, but he had a stoic face - not happy, nor un-happy mmm . . . maybe slightly sad. I knew that Harry (his name) was jaded by the his experiences in life - particularly his experiences with the Church. Suddenly a Knight with beautiful flowing gold hair rode into the Church, up the aisle, circled behind the preacher and stopped- facing the congregation just to the left of the preacher. He was full of light and I immediately loved Him. He was "Love". I turned to Harry and said, "He is my gift to you Harry." The preacher's voice became audible and I realized that it was Charles Spurgeon (an 18th Century Preacher) speaking about "Love". I looked at Harry and knew that "Love" was being restored to the forefront for Him, myself, and the Church. "Love" captured my attention and I was no longer interested in old, worldly comforts. Suddenly a strong wind began to circle the Church and shake it violently. I spoke to my sister and said "We need to get to the lowest point possible." We ran down the stairs, out to a tunnel near the Church and got very low. I didn't want to go too far into the tunnel, but we did stay low and waited out the storm. The storm passed. When we peeked up through a rabbit hole, the sun was shining, the sky was sweetly blue and the grass was a wonderful green. The "mighty" wind had shaken the boards on the church off in some places, but the Church itself was intact and the people had not left, despite the storm. When I woke up I understood enough about the dream to know that "if we have not love . . ." applied and it was in God's heart to bring "Love" to the forefront. It's the balm for broken and jaded hearts. Getting to the lowest point, I think, refers to humility. I wonder, if "Love" is actually the hallmark of true revival and the hoped for move of God.

No comments: