Sunday, June 26, 2005

Excerpts from Gary Weins for contemplation

I spoke from Psalm 50 about the Lord "shining forth" from Zion, perfect in beauty. The words there refer to God's self-disclosure, His unveiling of His own beauty and character. We then went to Hebrews 4:16 and spoke about the Bride's response of coming "boldly" into His presence because of what Jesus has done. The boldness in that passage is the same concept of self-disclosure, coming to the Lord exactly as we are because He has embraced us in our weakness. God says to us "Here I am as I am," and desires us to say to Him "Here I am as I am." It's a lovely reality, and there was tender and gracious ministry afterwards

This morning I spoke from Ephesians 3 about being filled with all the fullness of God, the stunning reality that awaits us as the Bride of Jesus. It was not a normal "preach;" rather, I simply spoke as I felt moved in the moment about the destiny that each of us longs for - to feel significant, to know power and authority, to stand shame-free and know the fullness of what God had in mind when He created each of us.

. . . Jeremiah 33 about God's invitation to uncommon grace. What will it be like when we have the fear of the Lord over His determination to do good to us? Perhaps then we will know the Spirit of prayer, and will touch those things that God calls "great and mighty things." The observation came to me in the moment that Job 26 calls the sustaining of the universe "the mere edges of His ways." If that is so, what in heaven's name would God call "great and mighty things?" Wow!!

No comments: