Thursday, July 03, 2003

Lou Engle on the Dallas Call

"Lord, open my ears today. I want you to help me live a life of significance. Make my life count, not just for today, but also in the direction of a long line of things to come. Make me one to change history. Let it be said of me like David, I fulfilled the purposes of God for my generation." Claim that you are sons and daughters, that you have a right to live as sons and daughters, that you have a right hear God's voice morning by morning.

Can I put a passage into your devotional toolbox? Isaiah 50:4, Memorize it and every morning quote it when you get up. "The Lord God has given me the tongue of disciples, that I may know how to sustain the weary one with the word. He AWAKENS me morning by morning. He awakens my ear to listen as a disciple." -Lou Engle

No comments: