Saturday, July 05, 2003

"I love because He made me."

Here are my unoriginal thoughts for the day as I wrestle with my inability to have any grip at all on what the next steps are or even what the goal is (not cosmically but practically) (i.e., what is the work God is calling me to do in youth/young adult ministry and with my life in general).

"The man who guides others into the presence of the King must have journeyed far into the King's country and looked upon His face." - Charles Spurgeon

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." -Antoine de Saint Exupery

And finally, the simplest and most profound unorginal thought -
"I love because He made me." - a nameless faceless child in Pennsylvania - someone I will always admire

No comments: