Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An "equipment" dream



I had a dream last night that is making me think this is a direction for prayer. In the dream, I was addressing a dearly loved pastor of a church I had been part of. She was in pain but still functioning- feeling betrayed because I/we left. I was telling her how much I loved her and being there and had never left in my heart but I couldn't stay if she kept things so isolated and independent. I said (in essence) "I never wanted to leave you. You wouldn't allow us to bring who we are to the table and seek God together. We needed you to include us in the process rather than assume that you had all of the answers. You were the one who showed me the door. I'd gladly walk back in if you would just allow for us to come together as a Body/Family, seek God together and contribute who we are in Him."



In the dream, she had allowed little children to run wild on the stage and they had broken the connection of the wiring to the main speakers. She had not protected the "equipment" God had given her. I knew I had the skill to fix it and I began to pump gasoline into the connection ( I had an abundance of fuel). Then, I realized that wasn't the answer. I needed to fix the wiring by hand. I needed an understanding of how the wiring should be connected to the main speakers. I knew she needed the gas in a container instead in order to power all she would need for a service. It was a gift I was glad to give so I looked for the main mixing board which had a tank in it and began to fill it up instead.


I think perhaps the dream was pointing to the Church and not her church per se because in my mind, I was seeing that I was a part of a number of church communities that were separate but all "one"  in continuity (and having similar troubles). I believe the skill required an understanding of how and where power connects (relationship) and the fuel is worship-filled prayer/ faith. The container is the corporate community and the mixing board is where all of the gifts come together to make a beautiful sound. The "speakers" were fine but the connection of the main wires to the main speakers were broken right at the connector. There were three prongs and one of the prongs needed to be fixed. Seems like a point for prayer.


Father, I pray for insight, wisdom and skill to fix the "connection" and healing for the Church to function in the power you intended for it.

No comments: